What is it? How to sign up?
- Grow your learning tech skills with a community of LINC colleagues
- Engage with videos, readings, audio podcasts and discussion forums
- Dive deep on learning technology standards frameworks
- Interpret innovations and leadership theories for your local program
- Sample the worlds of Universal Design for Learning and the SAMR model
- Develop a strategic plan to improve local learning technology uptake and teaching/learning practices
Refreshed and Augmented Leadership Courses for 2023
The technology leadership courses were released in 2015. Since then, several hundred LINC pros have made their way through. In 2022 we decided the two halves of the leadership training were due for a deep refresh. We’ve made major changes in the past 12 months. Now the courses are updated and ready to go.
We invite LINC and CLIC professionals to request enrolment. Read on to discover how the new course builds on earlier versions, but we’ve added a new focus on learning technology standards for programs, teachers, learners and managers.
The course is mentored and delivered online through Avenue.ca. Participants in the course have self-identified as technology leaders, and their forum posts reflect valuable lessons from their local language training programs.
If you are a professional in an IRCC program looking to lead innovation in a LINC or ELT program, we have two-part Moodle-based online training to offer. Each part has six units you complete asynchronously. Participants have two weeks to complete each unit and the time demand is 2 – 2.5 hours per unit.
Part 1, a pre–requisite for Part 2, focuses on:
- An orientation to Computer-assisted language learning (CALL) historically, and Technology-enhanced Language Learning (TELL) more currently. In the TELL class, learning technology is threaded through learning to be as pervasive as information technology is in everyday life;
- Blended or online remote learning as language training practices;
- The blended or online remote learning courseware and hosting provided by the LearnIT2teach to the LINC sector at Avenue.ca;
- The teacher training options provided by The Avenue – LearnIT2teach Project to IRCC-funded language training professionals;
- Technology standards for learners (ISTE and TESOL)
Part 2 focuses on:
- Language training program standards
- Teacher and manager standards (ISTE and TESOL)
- Developing personal leadership skills to support learning technology innovation in a language training program;
- Increasing knowledge of theory, evidence and better learning technology practices in the settlement language training sector;
- Formulating arguments and strategies to encourage and enable learning technology innovation within an organization, and with clients and funders;
- Articulating your plans for local learning technology innovation and the local implementation of standards frameworks
If you are looking to delve deeper into the question of innovation in the settlement language training sector, send a note to email@example.com and we’ll send you a link to the online sign up form.